Tuesday 2 September 2014

31 Day Nail Challenge - Day 1: Red

Hello everyone!
 Welcome to my little corner of the internet. I'm Tara and I'll be using Crimson Claws to share my love of lipstick, nail varnish and various other beauty bits with you! I'm brand new at this so apologies for any messiness, I'm still getting the blog looking how I want it and getting the hang of everything! I thought a nice way to start off would be the 31 Day Nail Challenge (see Chalkboard Nails' wonderful FAQ if you'd like to know more!). I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with doing new nails everyday but that's part of the fun, I guess! I am a day late posting this, I had meant to have it up yesterday but oh well it just means you'll have two posts today!




With this challenge, I want to try and keep my nails looking a bit vampy, somewhere between elegant and rock and roll. For this look, I went for a twenties, Art Deco vibe, using Barry M's Gold Foil and a Claire's Gel Effect Polish imaginatively called 'Red Gel'. I'm on holidays at my parent's house in France so I'm a bit short on polishes so this week's colours might not all have been my first choices but hopefully it'll get me to be more inventive! To achieve this look, I first painted my nails with the gold then waited til it had dried before marking out my design in striping tape. I then painted over it with the red, peeled off the tape before it dried and voila! 

I made a bit of a mess on my middle finger by letting the polish dry too much before removing the tape but it's not too noticeable from afar. It could also have used a coat of top coat to level it all out but my Seche Vite has turned to goop and I don't want to buy another bottle here when I know I have one waiting for me back at uni. So til then I guess we'll have to suffer soem unsightly nails, sorry guys!








 
 



Are any of you doing the 31 Day Challenge? Leave me a comment so I can see how you get on!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment