Tuesday 2 September 2014

31DayNailChallenge - Day 2: Orange Nails




Again slightly later than anticipated but still today so not late, I'd like to present you with my attempt at orange nails. Orange isn't a colour that particularly flatters my skin tone so I kind of swung between hating and not minding this mani. I think I'd love it on someone else though! 

The polishes used were Barry M's Mango Gelly and Gold Foil as well as Konad's Black stamping polish (I didn't have another black!). Neither the black or the gold were great for using like this, they were both a bit thick and didn't level very well - though that's only because my Gold Foil is ancient and overused and needs replacing.

I ended up liking this a lot more than I thought I would I think the gold kept it from being too Halloween-y while the twist on the French mani made it feel like a quirky classic.If I had used a shimmery orange I think I'd have loved it!









Apologies for the photos here, I didn't get a chance to edit them at all and some of my nails could have used a clean up. Hopefully tomorrow will be tidier!

 Do you guys use orange polish often? What's been your favourite entry for #31DC2014 orange nails so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment