Saturday 6 September 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 6: Violet




Second post today, sorry about he lack of clean-up here, I'm afraid I'm packing to head back to uni (yay Scotland,here I come!) so there wasn't much time! I was really reluctant to get rid of all of yesterday's manicure so I decided to keep the thumb! The bright blue and gold remind me of the sun and summer here in France so I want to hang on to it for as long as I can before I head back to the cooler climes of the UK. 

I don't have any truly violet polishes with me at the moment so I'm afraid this is really more of a lilac! The gold is the same one from the last post, it's called 'Genie in a Bottle' by Catrice and I have the sneaking suspicion I picked it up in Penney's (the Irish Primark). I used to dislike the undertones it had but since picking it up over the last few days I've really fallen for how dusky and almost duochrome it is.

I went for a simple chevron pattern with striping tape to offset the curls and swirls of the thumb and have something a bit more understated on the rest of the fingers. I like how delicate this colour combo is though usually I'm more of a fan of dark, shimmery purples!

That's all for today, see you tomorrow!

T xx







No comments:

Post a Comment