Wednesday 3 September 2014

31 Day Nail Challenge - Yellow


Oh Yellow! This is a colour I rarely wear on my nails as though I love it on other people It never seems to flatter me. But as I was thinking about what to do for today's prompt, my iPod started playing the Sex Pistols' album'Never Mind the Bollocks' and I knew exactly what to do! This is inspired by that album cover:


I took the writing and colour scheme from the album and added an anarchy symbol on my ring finger in homage to the iconic song 'Anarchy in the UK'. I haven't had much practice with letter nail art but I think it came out alright! The only part I'm disappointed in is the index finger because it was hard to cram the word in so it looks a bit messy but I suppose that's all in the punk spirit of it! 

I used Seventeen's Lemon Tart and layered a shimmery yellow that I think I got in a magazine (it says it's from Missguided?) then painted the pink stripes on using an old Maybelline polish. I then used a toothpick to paint on the anarchy symbol and writing with black polish. 

Anyway I hope you like it! Any one else fond of the band/done nail art in tribute to a band they liked?








No comments:

Post a Comment